May 17, 2013
At KaleidoscopesToYou.com, you’ll find a wide variety of kaleidoscopes by many different kaleidoscope artists. Every once in a while we like to highlight one of our popular kaleidoscope artists, so you know a bit more about the person behind the wonderful works of art that are available at Kaleidoscopes To You.
• Carolyn made her first kaleidoscope when she was just 9 years old.
• Attended New York University, receiving a BA in Fine Arts.
• Received a MA in Art History and Art Education from the State University of New York.
• She began making kaleidoscopes as a hobby in 1973, while she was teaching high school art classes.
• Carolyn began a career as a full time kaleidoscope artist in 1978.
• Served as one of the Directors of the Brewster Kaleidoscope Society from 2003-2009.
• Patented the Pop-Up Kaleidoscope in 2003, which is a tiny kaleidoscope that folds into a CD case.
• The Pop-Up Kaleidoscope won the Brewster Society’s People’s Choice Award in 2002.
• Patented the Scopelens, which is a kaleidoscope attachment for a 35 mm camera.
At KaleidoscopesToYou.com, we have an assortment of kaleidoscopes by Carolyn Bennett, including options from her suspension kaleidoscope collection. These mesmerizing kaleidoscopes combine beads, stones, shells, glass and other objects in a liquid filled chamber to create a unique work of kaleidoscope art. You can learn more about Kaleidoscope Artist Carolyn Bennett at KaleidoscopesToYou.com.