Spring has finally sprung, and with it comes a kaleidoscope of new colors in nature! Before we know it vibrant green grass will be growing, beautiful flowers in reds, yellows and purples will be decorating the roadways, walkways and gardens as far as the eye can see. The sky will be a magnificent blue, offset by the whitest of cumulus clouds. There really is nothing better than the beautiful kaleidoscope of colors that is a spring day!
Spring is not only a rebirth of nature, but also the time we shed those dark heavy clothes for a more colorful, bright, lightweight wardrobe. Fashion pulls their color inspirations from nature! Here’s a look at the 2014 color trends from Pantone and the kaleidoscope of hues that tie back to Mother Nature!
- Placid Blue – Hyacinth, with their delicate petals and glorious fragrance, grow in this beautiful color.
- Violet Tulip – Is there a flower more reminiscent of the birth of spring and the Easter season than the tulip?
- Hemlock – Green grass, green leaves, green shrubbery, green petals, green steams! Green! Green! Green – as far as the eye can see!
- Sand – That one speaks for itself! There’s no better inspiration than wet sand between your toes on a warm, sunny day!
- Freesia – The sun is the center of this inspiration!
- Cayenne – A favorite flower of spring brides, the calla lily grows in a gorgeous shade of cayenne orange.
- Celosia Orange – The Tiger Lilly may have a powerful name, but her petals and beauty are delicate and refined!
- Radiant Orchid – Naturally, the color gets its name from the stunning orchid flower
- Dazzling Blue – The sky on a perfect day!
Explore nature and the kaleidoscope of colors that are the season of spring!
Colors – for your reference: http://www.pantone.com/pages/fcr/?season=spring&year=2014